Slider

Autumnal Makeup Look

Tuesday 10 October 2017


Dark lips and burgundy eyes are the tell-tale sign of Autumn in my book. When the days begin to get shorter and the air more frosty, I seem to sway towards the warmer colours, I guess subconsciously trying to stop my face from freezing in the harsh winds!
I thought I'd let you in on my Autumn makeup routine (I only ever change the eye/lip combo, depending on my mood) that I whip out for days out, night time drinks or if I just feel like I need to glam up! 



These are the core set of brushes I pretty much use for EVERYTHING. From left to right:
Morphe Vegan Brush Set - contour, flat shader, blending and inner-corner brush 
Real Techniques Blush Brush - I use as a powder brush
Morphe Deluxe Blending Brush (the all black one)


Firstly I will prime my face (forgot to photograph it, oops!) with the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
and let that settle. Next I blend the Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser over my face until seamless. To conceal/highlight I use Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes, down the nose, a dab on my forehead and chin and on any problem spots. I blend with my finger. To set all this, I dust the Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder everywhere, focusing on my T-zone (I get super oily :/ TMI?). To finish my base, I contour my check bones, forehead, nose and jaw with Sleek's Face Form Trio.


Now for the fun bit! Today I felt like using plummy/purple shades which I never though I'd suit but turns out they really complement my green eyes! Because I'm simple I always just use one palette, cba to keep switching between multiple different ones. My current fave is Morphe's Fall into Frost Palette.


I've put little sparkles over the exact shadows I use because they don't have individual names. I begin with an orangey transition colour in my crease (bottom row) to create a smooth flow. Next I deepen the crease with the lighter purple on the 3rd row and blend the darker over it. To really define the eyes, I swipe the darkest plum (4th row) through the outer corner. Be very light handed as it's very pigmented. For a pop across the centre of my eyelid, I pat the golden shade with a damp brush (so it's even more bright). Drag a little of the darker shades along your bottom lid to balance them out. To complete the eyes, carefully place the lightest shimmer (top row) in the inner corner - this widens the eyes and makes you look awake even when you've had 4 hours sleep!


Eyebrows are next! Unfortunately I was not blessed with naturally brushy brows so have resorted to filling them in/elongating them a tad to frame my face. To do this, I make light but defined strokes using the Anastasia Brow Definer. To keep my brows from becoming unruly throughout the day, I set them in place with Benefit's Brow Zing Wax. After my eyeshadow has dried down, I curl my lashes and apply generous coats of Maybelline's Falsies Waterproof Mascara. My absolute fave part now... HIGHLIGHTER *audience cheers*. Mac's Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle is the perfect glow to every look. Beware though, if you swirl your brush too much, you'll end up with a line across your cheek which looks super strange in flash photography! Be soft and gentle (lol) and it will look gorgeous on the high points of your face. Lastly, onto the lips (finally!). I've used this trick for a while now and it just means your eyes and lips will always match, plus it's a great money saver! All you do is put a thin layer of clear gloss, mine being Bobbi Brown's Brightening Lip Gloss, over your lips and then pat one of the eyeshadow shades you used on top and blend! Super quick and easy and you will NEVER clash colours :)


So this is the final look, I really love it and will deffo do it again! Do send any pics if you try this out or of your own autumnal look, I need more inspiration! 

All the products are linked within the text, so hopefully that's useful if you want to purchase them yourself. I hoped you like it as much as I do and will see you soon :)

Coco ♡

2 comments:

  1. This look is stunning! I love the pop of gold, it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan