Slider

Stationery Haul + DIY

Monday 4 September 2017


Stationery. Oh how I love that word and even more the umbrella of treats it describes!

For as long as I can remember, the dread of Back To School was always dulled by the promise of shiny new pens and pencils, fresh white paper (college ruled of course) and other goodies such as funky stickers and neon rubbers. This excitement over what is basically just flamboyant writing utensils has carried on with me through school and now into my pre-uni state.

With the majority of my friends creating wish lists of dorm room decor, re-vamped wardrobes and most importantly hoards of stationery, I couldn't help myself but indulge in a few things myself. I mean it just happened, I woke up and found myself in the local WHSmith surrounded by planners and ball point pens calling out my name to take them home! Maybe it was a dream.

Well, having no will power has actually treated me well for once and I have come back with a collection of items to show you, with one being an easy DIY for a cute notebook. Please, take a look in my bag...






DIY TIME!

Here are the supplies you will need:

1. A notebook of your choice (mine was cute to begin with but not my aesthetic lol)
2. Tape
3. Black board paint
4. Paintbrush
5. Chalk pen

You can find all of this on Amazon or your local craft shop :)


First use the tape to cover up the areas you DON'T want to get paint on. I stuck it on the name label plus a little boarder and the spine.


Next paint your cover until opaque. I did 2 coats.


Now for the satisfying part! Peel off the tape slowly and carefully trying your best not to take off any paint the is supposed to stay put (you can see I got a bit speedy and made a little mess).


Do not fear if you do the same as I did, just use your paint brush to tidy up the edges!

Now, you can leave it like this or you can switch it up and choose another design like I did by painting the whole cover black and using your chalk pen to draw whatever your heart desires :)



If I do say so myself, I think my design is pretty cute :) Just a few easy constellations and a bold name tag. Simple but effective.


Where I bought my stationery:

Lined Paper Notepad, Notebook, Post It Notes, Glue Stick, Biro Pens, Pencils - WHSmith
Pencil Case, Flamingo Rubber, Sticky Tabs - Paperchase
ZEBRA Mildliners - Amazon
Pilot Juice - Amazon

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Coco ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan